Today I studied Ephesians 6:10-20, which really spoke to me in this time in my life as this is the homestretch of my mission here in Mexico.
10) Be strengthened by The Lord and His might.
11) put on the full armor of God, so you can stand against the devil and his schemes.
12) The battle isn't against flesh and bone, but against the rulers, authorities, world powers of this darkness, and the evil spiritual forces in the heavens.
13) This is why you have to put on the full armor of God, so you can resist the devil and stand your ground.
14) Stand firm with the belt of truth around your waist, the breastplate of righteousness,
15) And your feet sandaled with the gospel of peace.
16) Also, take up the shield of faith, which will enable you to extinguish the flaming arrows from Satan.
17) Take the helmet of salvation and God's word as the spirit's sword.
18) Pray all the time in the Spirit with every prayer and request. Remember to be alert and always pray for all of God's people.
19) And pray for me that I will boldly and fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel through God speaking through me.
20) For this I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I be bold in Him to declare His message as I should.
Lately I have felt a little discouraged and tired from all the busyness these past few weeks and its finally catching up to me. However, this passage renews my faith that though times are hard and the Devil is constantly nipping at our feet, God is here and He has brought me here for a purpose. His plan is great, and even though I might not be able to see it now, I know my job right now is to tell others His message. I may get discouraged at times, but I have to put on the full armor of God to stand against the enemy. I know that no matter what, no matter what happens or how discouraged I get, that He will always triumph over evil. I know that we are soldiers fighting this spiritual war every day we breath, and that there is a reason for all these trials and tribulations that we face. My friend once told me, you may be the first person or the seventh person on the way to bringing someone to have a relationship with the one true God. We have to be willing to be that number. We may have the chance to see the end result and we may not, but we are here to give that person the same opportunity to have a relationship with Him. We have to be willing to be any of these numbers towards that person's spiritual walk with God. This passage about walking in God's strength is written by Paul while he was in prison asking us to pray for boldness. This takes us back to His prayer for power. And know that you can be victorious in Jesus Christ, but you are responsible to stay alert for the Devil is always there to watch us fall. To walk worthy of our great calling in Christ, we must rely on God's strength and protection. For without Him, we can do nothing. We can practically put on the full armor of God by possessing truth, righteousness (take your position in Christ), gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the Bible are what we need to face Satan. We are His ambassadors to share His news.
I ask that you would pray for me that I would be bold and fearless in telling others about the wonderful and merciful God I know. Pray for unity with my team and the teams working here in Oaxaca, that He will open the people's hearts ready to hear His word. His word speaks truth. Also, pray for all the summer missionaries around the world and all of God's people that we will make Him known to the world and for boldness. Pray for health and safety, and also for strength to finish this race to the end that we be His vessel to save the lost. I continue to thank you so much for all the support and prayers you send me. I can do nothing without Him. God bless you. My challenge to myself this week and to you is to be bold and fearless and tell someone about the hope He brings us, I know there is someone in your life who needs this truth. We are ambassadors of His wherever we are in this world. Put on the full armor of God and Go!
Amen Ashley. When we added the extra crew at the office, it was harder working with all the extra guys there. My Pastors wife told me to say Ephesians 6:10-17 everyday before I went to work, And that would help me deal with whatever the guys said or did to try to get under my skin. IT WORKED. I have gotten out of the Habit, but I will start saying it again. God's word is true and His promises are MANY. And they are all for us. Keep up the good work...but hurry home we miss you. Love and are praying for you guys
ReplyDeleteJulie